Market Australia is very excited to announce that a 300 gram, 90-servings bottle of Isotonix® Magnesium is now available to Australia !
To find more on how to purchase online, please go to the isotonix magnesium home page for details (click here).
Enjoy reading =)
Isotonix Magnesium is joining the line of the many other 90-serving Isotonix products available in Australia. Better nutrition is a lifelong commitment and any new health programme takes 30 to 90 days to show results, so 90-serving bottles just make sense. Plus, Market Australia’s new 90-serving, 300-gram bottles let you and your customers experience the Isotonix advantage at the lowest possible cost. The larger bottle size of Isotonix Magnesium is the standard in all other Market America global markets.
Magnesium is the 4th most abundant mineral in our body required by every organ in the body for a range of activities including: Healthy energy levels, Strong bones, Balanced hormones, Healthy nervous and cardiovascular system, Effective detoxification pathways
And much more.
Magnesium is like calcium and must be consumed through diet (it is found in nuts, wholegrain, dark green vegetables, fish and meat, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, bran, tofu, potatoes, spinach and baked beans).
Food and nutrition have long been recognised as important contributions to heath however in today’s fast paced world we have embraced ready to eat foods and often the types of food have little to no nutritional value.
- AUSTRALIANS EATING THREE TIMES MORE JUNK FOOD THAN THE RECOMMENDED DAILY LIMIT.
- 35% OF THE TOTAL ENERGY CONSUMED BY A DAILY AUSTRALIAN WAS FROM FOODS WITH LITTLE NUTRITIONAL VALUE
- ONLY 7% OF AUSTRALIANS ARE EATING THE DAILY RECOMMENDED 5 SERVES
To understand how Magnesium works you must first understand that the human body is just like a well oiled machine.
Basic Overview Energy Source. Every cell in our body needs energy, the body’s cells use a molecule called ATP to fuel most of the processes that take place.
The ATP can only act if it’s accompanied by magnesium, which helps to stabilise ATP until it’s used as an energy source.
Because ATP is a key player in copying a cell’s genetic information, magnesium also plays a pivotal role in growth and development.
Magnesium is a crucial in more than 300 bodily functions – many of which give you energy, but is frequently overlooked. Magnesium deficiency is probably the most common nutritional deficiency.
Magnesium deficiency is often misdiagnosed because it does not show up in blood tests because only 1% of the body’s magnesium is stored in the blood.
Signs of Magnesium DEFICIENCY :
- IRREGULAR HEART BEATS
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- ABNORMAL CHOLESTEROL LEVELS
- LACK OF CONCENTRATION
- KIDNEY STONES
- CHRONIC PAIN
A CSIRO study of Australians found that the average daily intake of magnesium was below the RDI (recommended daily intake).
- 39% OF WOMEN ARE NOT GETTING THE RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE OF MAGNESIUM FROM THEIR DIET.
- 50% OF MEN ARE NOT GETTING THE RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE OF MAGNESIUM FROM THEIR DIET
Apart from our diets being low in Magnesium, there are many factors which can further deplete the body’s Magnesium stores.
- High coffee (eg. 2-3 plus coffees per day)
- High fat and sugar diet
- Excessive sweating
- Calcium Supplements
- Health conditions (eg. Blood sugar and gastrointestinal conditions or kidney disorders)
- Inadequate sleep
- Heavy menstrual periods
- Use of some multiple pharmaceuticals medicationsWhile we often hear about the importance of calcium for bones, magnesium is the other key mineral for healthy bones.50% of Magnesium is found in your bones and works together with calcium and Vitamin D to help keep bones strong!Magnesium is vital for our muscles to work properly; it’s needed for contraction and relaxation of the muscles.The optimal calcium | magnesium ratio should be 2:1. However with so much emphasis on calcium supplementation it is imperative to ensure this ratio is maintained, and that we take enough magnesium on a regular basis to balance this.Magnesium is probably the most important nutrient for that energy powerhouse the human heart. Ensuring that blood is pumped efficiently and oxygen is delivered to the muscles.Perhaps the area where magnesium could have the biggest impact is in the prevention of diabetes:- Magnesium is a very important mineral directly involved in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels by regulating the action of insulin, a hormone that lowers your blood sugar.
In a very recent study published in The Journal of Nutrition, researchers looked at over 52,000 people in 15 different studies, which confirmed that a higher intake of Magnesium resulted in lower fasting blood sugar and lower fasting insulin levels.
The Benefits of Magnesium:
- ENERGY PRODUCTION
- HEALTHY HEART RHYTHM
- GROWTH AND MAINTANANCE OF BONES
- NORMAL NERVE AND MUSCLE FUNCTION
- BREAKDOWN OF GLUCOSE AND FAT
- BLOOD PRESSURE REGULATION
- PRODUCTION OF ENZYMES, ANTIOXIDANTS AND PROTEINS
- TEMPORARY RELIEF OF MIGRAINE HEADACHE
WHY ISOTONIX MAGNESIUM
Isotonix Magnesium is a great tasting formula providing the body with 400mg of magnesium in a highly bioavailable formula. Thanks to its unique formula, which includes two different types of magnesium CITRATE and GLYCINATE.
- Provides the body with 400 mg of magnesium
- Temporary relief of migraine headache*
- May assist in the maintenance of normal blood pressure in healthy individuals
- Prevention/ treatment of mineral Magnesium and/or its nutritional deficiencies
- Promotes optimal muscle health and comfort
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Supports bone health
- Ideal for diets lacking in dairy and dark green leafy vegetables
- Highly bioavailable due to the forms of magnesium couples with our superior Isotonix delivery system
- Great tasting orange flavour
RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE
The recommended daily intake for adults, established by the Australia Government ranges from 310-420 mg per day.
|19-30 years||330 – 400 Mg/Day||255 – 310 Mg/Day|
|31-50 years||350 – 420 Mg/Day||265 – 320 Mg/Day|
|51-70 years||350 – 420 Mg/ Day||265 – 320 Mg/Day|
|> 70 years||350 – 420 Mg/Day||265 – 320 Mg/Day|
The world’s most advanced nutraceuticals “Isotonix® deliver system :
The Australian community expects therapeutic goods in the marketplace to be safe, of high quality and of a standard at least equal to that of comparable countries.
The TGA regulates therapeutic goods through:
- pre-market assessment;
- post-market monitoring and enforcement of standards; and
- licensing of Australian manufacturers and verifying overseas manufacturers’ compliance with the same standards as their Australian counterparts.